The rheumatologists at Imam Al-Hujjah Hospital provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment for rheumatic diseases, such as:
1. Motor system disorders (bone, joint, cartilage, tendon, and muscle disorders).
2. Disorders and swelling of joints, resulting from osteoarthritis, gout associated with urate crystals accumulation, and rheumatic joint disorders).
3. Joint disorders associated with spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis).
4. Spinal disease (spinal osteoarthritis, spinal disc herniation, osteoporosis, vertebrae, and disc inflammation).
5. Muscle pain (muscle strain and spasms, muscle weakness).
6. Tendinitis (plantar fasciitis, osteophyte, tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow, frozen shoulder, sprains).
7. Steroid, gelatin, or plasma injections (for knee osteoarthritis, frozen shoulder, elbow joint, wrist joint, and carpal tunnel syndrome – fibrosis, ankle joint, plantar fasciitis, etc…).
8. Organizing and prescribing physiotherapy programs (heat therapy, ultrasound therapy, electro-stimulation, paraffin wax treatment, etc…).
9. Rehabilitation for patients with paralysis, strokes, sports injuries, joint stiffness resulting from bone fractures or surgeries).