First: Patient Rights
Our hospital vows to commit to patient rights, and they are as follows:
1. The patient has the right to receive appropriate healthcare and in conformance with the principles of our Islamic faith.
2. All patients have the right to receive sufficient healthcare according to their needs, without any racial or religious discrimination.
3. The patient has the right to know the identity of his doctor and nurses and the job title of those who look after him.
4. The patient must be sufficiently informed about his diagnosis and treatment plan using clear and comprehensible terms, and all his questions are to be answered. Translation services are to be provided when necessary.
5. Patient privacy is ought to be protected, and he can never be violated in any shape or form. He also has the right to refuse meeting or talking to anyone who isn’t a member of the health facility.
6. Same-sex chaperon is to be provided for the patient when necessary (if examination or treatment requires exposing certain areas of the patient’s body).
7. Patient privacy and confidentiality of his information and medical and social data must be protected. Access to them is granted only for treatment or medical review and enhancement of performance and quality. The patient’s written consent is required, except in life-threatening situations, in compliance with the established legal procedures, such as legal incompetence (less than 18 years old) or cases of reported contagious diseases.
8. Patient treatment must be monitored and he is to be informed if he needs to be referred to another health facility outside the hospital, in conformance with the policy and system of the Ministry of Health.
9. The patient has the right to know hospital policies and systems regarding his treatment, and his duties towards the hospital and its staff. He also has the right to know where he can enquire or file a complaint.
10. The patient has the right to know the health and education facilities that are directly concerned with his treatment. He owns the right to accept or reject participating in medical research that could affect his healthcare.
1. The patient must provide all information related to his health, including medicines or any substances he uses, illnesses that have already been treated, infectious diseases and allergies, and his previous admission to the hospital.
2. The patient must inform the doctor if he intends to stop taking the prescribed treatment.
3. All hospital guidelines and systems must be followed, including punctuality and compliance with any financial obligations related to patient care.
4. The patient is obligated to cooperate in following the instructions related to treatment and provided to him by the health staff.
5. The patient is not entitled to infringe on the rights of other patients or reveal what he witnesses about them or what may violate their dignity.
6. The patient must inform the hospital when he changes his residential address or leaves the country permanently, if he’s still receiving treatment from the hospital.
7. The patient must respect the rights of other patients and hospital staff, by not disturbing them or interfering in their work and personal matters.
8. The patient must respect health workers and all hospital staff and not attack them in any verbal or physical form.
9. The patient must preserve all hospital property allocated to his service, such as furniture and medical devices, and the many instruments that are in his possession. If he damages these materials, he will be obligated to pay a financial compensation to the hospital.
10. The patient must abide by the “no smoking” law throughout the hospital, and the violator of this law will be fined 50,000 Iraqi dinars for each violation.