Our ophthalmology department at Imam Al-Hujjah Hospital is committed to providing the best services in the diagnosis, protection and treatment of eye problems, diseases and blindness, to all of our respected patients and on a daily basis, in both morning and evening periods.
The Ophthalmology Consultant provides the best and most advanced diagnostic and treatment services. Our team of doctors focuses on surgery – cataract, glaucoma, minor surgeries such as excising sebaceous cysts and others, trauma surgery.
The clinic provides cardiac patients with comprehensive medical services that include both diagnosis and treatment utilizing the latest medical technology by distinguished and professional medical team with extensive expertise and skills in this specialty.
The examination services available at the clinic are; stress test, ECG, echocardiography; in addition to the examination by well experienced interventional cardiologist.
The pediatric department deals with patients whose ages range from 24 hours to 15 years (both genders) in accordance with the job description established by the Iraqi Ministry of Health. The pediatric department is supervised by qualified doctors who hold postgraduate degrees in their fields of specialization, which include the followings:
1) Preterm and neonatal disorders.
2) Respiratory diseases, including upper and lower respiratory tract infections, acute ear infections, bronchial allergy and asthma.
3) Digestive system and liver disorders.
4) Disorders of the nervous system.
5) Endocrine disorders and diabetes.
6) Kidney and urinary tract disorders and urinary incontinence.
7) Transitional diseases.
8) Delayed mental and motor development (walking) and speech delay.
9) Genetic and metabolic disorders.
10) Allergy and autoimmune diseases.
11) Blood diseases and tumors (in regards to initial diagnosis)
Obstetrics and Gynecology:
Considered one of the most important departments in the hospital, it contains the latest technology and medical equipment in order to ensure high-quality health services. This consultancy provides the following treatment services:
1) Pap smear, for early cervical cancer detection.
2) Periodic examination of disorders in women.
3) Prenuptial counseling.
4) Infertility treatment.
5) Surgical intervention to treat various gynecological disorders.
6) Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological conditions using endoscopy.
7) Choosing the best method of contraception.
8) Periodic prenatal follow-ups.
9) Periodic monitoring of pregnant women with chronic disorders during pregnancy, such as hypertension and diabetes.
10) Antenatal and postpartum healthcare.
11) Treatment of gynecological conditions such as bleeding, inflammations and various infections.
12) Diagnosis and treatment of tumors. 13) Treatment of other gynecological disorders under the supervision of Board certified female doctors (specialists).
We offer high-quality medical services with the latest technology, under the supervision of specialists and MD doctors to diagnose and treat all urologic conditions, including:
- Laser Lithotripsy
- Endoscopic resection of bladder and prostate tumors
- Cystoscopy (without anesthesia)
- Treating reproductive disorders, male infertility and erectile dysfunction
- Treating hypospadias
- Circumcision using modern instruments and scientific methods
- Treating varicose veins, hydrocele, inguinal hernia and cryptorchidism
- Prostate biopsy and diagnosis of prostate disorders and infertility
- Excision of renal tumors
These procedures are done under the supervision of a medical staff expert in urology, and they’re available from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, and from 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Rheumatology and Medical Rehabilitation Consult.
Offers medical services for the followings:
1. Motor system disorders (bone, joint, cartilage, tendon and muscle disorders).
2. Disorders and swelling of joints, resulting from osteoarthritis, gout due to urate crystals accumulation, rheumatic joint disorders).
3. Joint disorders associated with spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis).
4. Spinal disease (spinal osteoarthritis, spinal disc herniation, osteoporosis, vertebrae and disc inflammation).
5. Muscle pain (muscle strain and spasms, muscle weakness).
6. Tendinitis (plantar fasciitis, osteophyte, tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow, frozen shoulder, sprains).
7. Steroid, gelatin or plasma injections (for knee osteoarthritis, frozen shoulder, elbow joint, wrist joint and carpal tunnel syndrome – fibrosis, ankle joint, plantar fasciitis, etc…).
8. Organizing and prescribing physiotherapy programs (heat therapy, ultrasound therapy, electro-stimulation, paraffin wax treatment, etc.).
9. Rehabilitation for patients with: paralysis, strokes, sport injuries, and joint stiffness resulting from bone fractures or surgeries).
We do not receive cases of injuries or bone fractures caused by accidents or falling from heights. Such cases are referred to the orthopedics consultation where casting or surgical intervention can be made.
Cases requiring a vertebrae or spinal cord surgery are referred to the neurosurgery consultation.
Workhours are listed below:
This unit receives patients of all ages and offers the best solutions for health conditions through providing exceptional essential care.
Physiotherapy is used to deal with many health problems, for the purpose of treatment, rehabilitation or reducing difficulties such as:
- Cervical and lumbar disc herniation
- Spine problem
- Muscle weakness
- Cerebral palsy
- Exercises for diabetic patients
- A medical weight-loss program for patients with joint or vertebrae problems
Internal Medicine Consultation:
This clinic was opened on Feb. 1st, 2018 under the supervision of specialized doctors who hold MD certificates from the Board of Internal Medicine.
Internal medicine deals with cardiovascular and chest conditions, blood, endocrine, joint and kidney disorders, and diabetes.
Additionally, this consultation also receives medical conditions requiring hospitalization, in order to carry through with the diagnosis and necessary treatment.
Admitted patients are monitored by the Internal medicine team constantly, Doctors with a more precise specialty will also visit the patient if it is deemed necessary by the internists. Workhours are:
The nephrology and urology consultation at Imam Al-Hujjah Hospital offers high-quality medical services, including:
- Treatment of urinary tract infections
- Renal and urethral stones
- Bladder disorders
- Monitoring dialysis/nephroscopy patients
- Monitoring patients
Workhours: Thursday of every week, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
It provides high-level medical services, using the latest technology and under the supervision of MD and orthopedic consultants, in order to diagnose and treat all bone and joint related conditions, including bone fractures, congenital limb defects, spinal disc herniation, joint pain, rheumatism, and congenital injuries and dislocation.
Workhours: Sunday of every week, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.